Monday, April 1, 2013

Medevac a Blessing or a Curse

Now that I am backed home, I had forgotten all the blessings we have living in America. Here is my short list.  What I am enjoying is toilet seat covers and toilet paper!!! Going out to eat at a variety of restaurants, getting a bargain, driving a car, sitting in the front seat of a car, a variety of fruits and vegetables, warm weather, and enjoying my grandchildren.  I drove up to Northern California to visit family for a week and it was beautiful up there, it was so green it almost blinded me!!! I drove back home along the coast and it was wonderful.  The Pacific ocean is awesome!!  I have been to the beach several times, just walking and watching the surfers surfing.  Did a little shopping since my backpack had all of my clothes and the pack was still in Frankfurt, I love Target and Kohl's, you can really get a bargain (jeans for $10)!  Finally received my backpack on Sunday afternoon. It is amazing, I'm feeling really good and my knee has not swelled or hurt at all.  I went church and I didn't have to drive a million miles and I had a choice of churches.  I didn't get jet lag or have adjustment problems, just kind of fitted right in right away.  I've enjoyed my granddaughter Emma in gymnastics and my grandson Owen in basketball. Both their birthdays are next week, so I get to spend it with them.

My son's patio

Looking out at the mountains


I did learn about friendship.  A great friend in Azerbaijan is taking care of my apartment and making sure my cat Mint get lots of love. Another friend there e-mails me and checks on me to make sure I am okay and "when am I coming back!!"  I have many friends that call me and e-mail concern about my health and are praying for me.  My dear friends from Northern California and from North Carolina wants me to stay with them.  Kind of hard with either one with doctors visits here!!  I learned that all friends teach us lessons of some kind and possibly I teach them, but I have certainly learn from them. Not all friends are alike and that is as it should be. You have friends you hike with, go to book club with, go to Bible study with and you get the idea.  But you are still surprise and even hurt when you think that you have a close friend but it turns out different.  I thank God for his blessing that he gives me to learn the lesson because after the hurt and sadness there is reasons why friendships comes and goes.

Medevac is a blessing and not a curse as it recharged my body and soul.  I have a few more tests to take but, my doctor told me he would clear me to go back to Azerbaijan, so it is up to Peace Corps doctors to either clear me or medically separate me, which means I don't go back.  Either way, I am good with that.  It will just be another chapter in my life and I so look forward to what God wants me to do next!!

Life Challenge: The things we do to others become our world.... Alan Christoffersen's diary "A Road to Grace" by Richard Paul Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment