Thursday, July 31, 2014

Kowloon - Hong Kong Avenue of the Stars

I left my friend (Peter) in Hangzhou and I am back at a hostel in Hong Kong.  A tiny dorm room with 5 other dorm mates (3 men, 2 women)  One guy is from Canada, one from Austria, one from Spain, a young women from Russia and one from Ohio who is teaching English in Korea.  How's that for an International group!! This hostel is a dump. One toilet and shower for 12 people (another dorm next door) and right across from the laundry room where they are doing the hostel laundry all night.  The air conditioner doesn't work that well and it is extremely loud but it makes for a good story.  This place is called Chung King Mansion, downstairs is a bazaar (you have to fight your way through all the stalls to get to your room).  My dorm mates all booked at different hostel (one German Hostel, one Day and Night hostel, me Budget hostel) so how did we end up in the same tiny room.  Because it is own by the same corporation!!  Booking.com will get an ear full when I leave.  The good news it that I am in the center of town more or less (Hong Kong is many islands)!!  Today I went exploring, they have a very nice park near here and a museum, so I spent a few hours there.  I then went to the Avenue of the Stars (this was built in 2004 to honor Hong Kong Film stars), a lot like ours in Hollywood but not as many stars.  And guess what, they had Jackie Chan's hand prints and a statue of Bruce Lee!!!  After I went to the Art Museum they had a really interesting antiquity section.  So, here are my pictures of the day:

At the Park

The trees are amazing

Another beautiful tree

Inside the museum

These samples are from the drawer you can study them there

Back in the park can you see the bird?

Self portrait

The front of the hostel

Across the harbor In Hong Kong


Art deco before the Ave. of the Stars

Another art deco so cute!!

At the beginning of the Ave of Stars

Jackie Chan "Star"

Bruce Lee!!

Miss Piggy!!
Life Challenges: A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimension...  Walter Oliver Holmes, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment