Thursday, April 17, 2014

Answered Prayer

Snickers in front right is Jr. Mint behind is Butch and Bounty  
I do believed in answered prayers. It is not always answered in our time and sometimes not answered at all. I been praying for help in what I should do about my rescue cats.  I had decided to take two of them to America and I started asking family and friends if someone could picked them up at the airport and take care of them until I get back from travelling.  I also been asking here for good homes for the two I would have to leave behind.  It was a difficult decision on who to take and who to leave. I decided on Butch and Snickers as they both have been hurt and the other two are more hearty (trust me you have to be hearty in this country if you are an animal!!)! My sister offered but she has many pets.  But another friend got in contact with Greyfoot Cat Rescue and Sanctuary in Ventura and told me she would take all four!!! The director is Joan and her number is 805-649-2844 THERE WEBSITE IS GREYFOOTCAT.RESCUEGROUPS.ORG.  They also have a Facebook page.  Please check them out and if you can donate ANYTHING, food, time or money they can use all the help possible.....  I am so excited I just don't know what to do. And this Sanctuary is just a few miles from where my son lives (how about that for answered prayers!!).  I had to take them to Ganja last weekend for vaccinations (rabies and 4n1) and the process  to complete the paperwork.  They did really well considering the trip was 4 hours one way in a marshrutka.  They will all have passports and need 4 stamps.  One from the vet, customs, security and warehouse.  I am working with the airlines right now (Lufthansa has a good record on shipping animals) reserving space but I also have a friend who works for Federal Express.  We have limited  FedEx service in Baku and just maybe he can help me, I just e-mailed him.  I need carriers and I will have to take the cats into Baku to the clinic ( at the rescue center where they were before when they got sterilized and the center has already answered me and said they would complete their part of the paper work and hold the cats) and have Butch neutered.  I then have  to complete all the documents and go to the government official and get the official stamps within three days of travel.  I was very nervous about running around Baku getting all the documents and was talking to my counterpart at school about it and she said Oh Annette I will go with you and help you. And my brother has a car so he can drive us (God does not fool around when he answers!!).  I need to be at the airport two or three hours before take off for the final clearance. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that all goes well getting them to Baku, completing the documents and the flight home (it will be 20 hours flight) an easy one for them!!! I will keep you posted...

In my next blog, I will talk about my travel plans when I leave my service in June.  I think I will have an interesting adventure and I will be blogging along the way. It has been an interesting and challenging few years and I hope that I had some interesting stories you liked and made you laugh once in a while, but it is not over yet.

Life Challenge: Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unwakened. Anatole France

No comments:

Post a Comment