Thursday, April 3, 2014

Old Man Winter Again

On my street March 26th

Yuck!!!!!!
Here it is Spring and guess what we had three days of snow!! On top of that I had to go to Baku for my medical COS (close of service) taking the night train.It was cold and miserable but I went with an Azerbaijani friend and we had a good time talking.  When we arrived in Baku, it had snowed there as well.  When I came back home, it was in the 70's in Baku and it has been raining here.  I will NOT miss this weather. No wonder my students keeps getting sick!! I was able to go to the Embassy twice for March 31 on Monday and April 1 on Tuesday.  Now I do not have to go back until May. I am also trying to get two of my cats back to America and the vaccinations they need I cannot buy in Baku because they need to be refrigerated so next week a PCV and I will take all of them to Ganja for the vaccinations, oh that will be a fun trip, can't wait!! I also have to have passports, so my grandson is sending ones that you can get a petsmart. Today I am going to get the passport photo's.  I took head shot pictures of all of them and going to get all them because there is a chance another friend of mine in America may find homes for my other two and then I will send them all home.  I sure hope so.  If anyone who reads this wants a pretty sweet cat, that is neutered, vaccinated been loved like crazy and are just sweethearts let me know!!!
Snickers, Jr. Mint & Bounty -1 month
Now Jr. Mint, Bounty, Butch & Snickers
I only have three more months here before my service is complete and as many of you know, I have been working on travel plans.  I wanted to fly to St. Peterburg in Russia, then take the train to Moscow and then take the trans Siberian train across Russia-Mongolia and into China.  Well, the problems in the Ukraine and the sanctions that are in place I just don't feel comfortable taking that trip.  So my dream trip number two was Egypt, Israel and Jordan.  I found a great tour online and wrote them about it and the cost of airfare from Azerbaijan.  Well, I got back an e-mail letting me know if  I want that tour I must sign a waiver because they cannot guarantee my safety in Egypt.  Plus it may be additional cost because of additional "arm" guards and the size of the group.  Is that what I want to do?  Be afraid of an attack, I am not sure where this world is heading to and I am so sorry for the innocent people that are caught in the middle. The beautiful sites in Egypt for the world to see is just too dangerous for tourist.  Well, it is sad but I decided that I won't go to Egypt it is not worst being frighten the whole time.  I am sorry to miss the pyramids maybe another opportunity will arise but I am going to Israel and Jordan  I got an airline ticket at a great deal out of Tbilisi.  I have decided to do my own tour.  Flying into Tel Aviv, then to Jerusalem and Bethlehem then down to Petra and back to Nazareth.  I am going to do the Jesus trail (68 Kilometer from Nazareth to Galilee) and stay at difference guest houses along the trail.  And then back to Tel Aviv for a flight out to Tokyo, Japan, Yes, I am going to climb Mt. Fuji!!  I got an incredible deal on a flight so I booked it  I am staying in hostel,  as long as it has a bed, and bathroom with a shower I am happy!!  I will spend maybe 4-5 days in Japan as it is very expensive, and my goal is to climb Mt Fuji and then take a ferry to China. Mt Fuji is only 12000 feet and the hike is not difficult.  I will take a bus to the 5th station which is half way up and hike about 5-6 hours to a hut and stay the night get up early (before sunrise) and hike about 60 minutes to the top.  So far that is what I have booked.  When I traveled in 97 after Peace Corps in the Czech Republic it was hit and miss because there wasn't Internet.  So each town I went to (I travel all over Europe and Morocco) I had to go to the Information office and find camp sites and or hotels and places of interests.  This time I will be able to book everything in advance as I go!!  I will keep you posted on my itinerary, and I am planning to blog along the way. 

Life Challenge: Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad.  Let God deal with the things they do cause hate in your heart will consume you too...... Will Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment