Sunday, June 28, 2020

Travelling in an RV with a Cat and Dog

Hi Everyone:

My goal when I got back from Azerbaijan was to buy an RV and travel in the US and Canada, I finally was able to do that in January 2020.  I was preparing the RV (with solar) and going to Lake Casitas to camp to get the feel of hooking up the RV and all the ins and outs of camping.  I took Priscilla my dog with me and she seem to do okay.  So my schedule time to leave was end of March!  Last minute details and then I will be off!  But my Bengal cat "Tara" had a swollen jaw....hmmm maybe an abscess tooth, so I took her to the vet and found out it wasn't an abscess but a tumor in her jaw that was cancerous! What? He gave her 4-6 weeks.... This was a week before I was going to leave. I decided to stay until the end, but the next day we were quarantine COVID-19!  Oh no... My poor little Tara only lasted three weeks as the tumor got bigger and finally burst.  We put her down at home and laid her to rest under a tree in my back yard.  It was extremely hard, she was an amazing cat.  I work at a cat rescue 3x a week, it's the best job I ever had.  I love the cats, the ones I take care of are not adoptable, either because of their age or temperament or they are feral. I know each one personality and I love taking care of them.  Joan is always getting kittens mostly feral moms that are pregnant.  I always love going into the house and loving on these kittens!  She called me about 6 weeks after Tara's passing and tells me they just got a Siamese kitten and would I like it. I haven't had a kitten for years, I always adopt adult cats but when I saw a picture of him I said yes! His name is Cosmo, but I call him Mo for short.  It's like having a small child, soooooo much work, but he is adorable, At first Priscilla didn't want anything to do with him, but finally Mo was relentless and Priscilla finally gave in! I got Mo harness and leash train, so July 1st is the day we three are taking off. So wish us luck, keep us in your prayers and thoughts and I will be blogging about our adventures and posting pictures!



My Tara who passed away!😒













No comments:

Post a Comment