Tuesday, July 7, 2020

My First Adventure

Life on the road. Mo seems to like the RV (so I thought!), Priscilla not so much.  I left Wednesday morning, right on schedule.  Stopped to top the gas and off I go on 101. Priscilla decided the car seat was not her thing so she stayed on the floor next to me.  I had Mo in the carrier on the bed, just wanted him to be comfortable and get use to the RV going down the road. Got to the rest stop just outside of Santa Barbara and stopped for bathroom break for Priscilla and me. I let Mo out of the carrier and he seem fine.  I noticed the water dish was sloshing so I opened the door to dump it.  Got back in and off we go.  About 5 miles down the road I hadn't notice Mo! So I pulled over on the freeway to check. No where! I looked and looked.  The only thing I did was dumped the water, could he slipped out without me noticing???  OMG I panicked! Just then a knock on my passenger window, I looked up and there was a CHP, I rolled down the window and he asked if everything was ok? No I cried I think my cat is at the rest stopped!  He told me to drive down about a mile and there was a turn around.  I got back to the rest stop and immediately started looking for him.  I checked with  everyone, spoke with the cleaning crew and they even helped.  After about an hour and half, I went inside my RV and just cried.  I called my son and he said don't worry mom, you'll find him.  I hung up and just sat there trying to figure out what to do and all of a sudden I see two front paws coming out from the chair behind the passenger seat and then his head looking at me like is this the place were hanging out?  I know I checked under that chair but I realize he wedge himself  way up inside and the only way you can see him up there is literally lay on the floor and look up!!! I was so relieve to see him but mad at him at the same time!  I went and told the crew that I found him and the lady wanted to see him. I brought her back to the RV and she taught he was absolutely beautiful! After that I ALWAYS check to make sure he is in the RV before I leave!   I had smooth sailing to my sister who lives in Castro Valley and arrived around 5 pm.  Long drive and it made longer by Mo's disappearing act!  I stayed at my sisters until Tuesday, didn't want to travel over the holiday weekend. Left early this morning and made it to Russian river.  Getting the hang of my rig easier each time I drive it.  Well, that's all for now.  I'm safe and Mo and Priscilla are doing well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment