Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Campsite to Rest Stop at Sprauge Lake to Spokane on Interstate 90

They say that Highway 50 in Nevada is the loneliest highway but I say that Interstate 90 is! Or at least the longest!  I didn't think I ever would get to Spokane.  But I'm ahead of myself.  At Vantage campsite I had two choices of sites. I backed in the first one and got out to set up but realized there wasn't a faucet.  Oh good, I pulled out and backed into the second site.  Okay everything is fine.  Next day taking down everything was going good and then sewage, as I was draining the "black water" it started to back up!  Oh sh** literally, darn, so I closed everything up and moved everything to the third site fortunately the campers had left. The good news, I getting the hang of backing in! The weather report was going to be hot in the 90's, so I didn't want to drive 150 miles in the heat.  So I just drove 30 miles to a rest stop, put Mo in his carrier and leashed Priscilla and just hung out on a bench under a tree.  They both were happy. Here they are:




The next rest stop was 40 miles away and to my surprise it was very closed to a lake called Lake Sprauge, about 50 miles from Spokane. But it was still hot, I put the generator on and put the ac up to high. This time I parked with the autos and the truckers were behind us.  It still was noisy as I think all of them kept the ac on all night. Once it finally cooled off, Mo was at his best, he nailed me right in the nose! And Priscilla getting under the covers did not stop Mo from tromping on her!!!😁

I watched the local news and in downtown Spokane, there was a BLM mural, the pictures were beautiful.  The weather forecast was suppose to be close to 100 degrees.  I decided I wanted see the mural and then head out to a campsite in Idaho called Coeur D Alene, it's right on the river and hopefully cooler. I was going to stay another night at a Camping World in Spokane but I figure Mo and Priscilla might ran away! 😏 I don't mind the heat but Mo and Priscilla certainly do! Here's some pics of Lake Sprauge:








No comments:

Post a Comment