Sunday, July 19, 2020

Rest Stops and Vantage Riverstone Campsite

My Passport America is not all it cracks up to be.  If you read the "notes" part, most campsite are restricted during July and August and if they are available for the discount, it's NEVER on weekends!  I found a campsite but the discount is only for Sunday thru Thursday. This was Saturday, I thought I would just stay at a rest stop for the night.  After leaving Camping World in Fifi I got on interstate 90 heading to Spokane, the first rest stop  had lots of pine trees and a cool breeze.  I took Priscilla for a long walk and came back and made lunch.  I hung out until 6 pm.  The next rest stop was 38 miles away, I though another forest, nope it reminded me of going up interstate 5 in California near Tracy or San Bernadino with Wind Mills and sage brush and hot! Fortunately there was a wonderful breeze (and hundreds of wind mills) so it wasn't too bad.  I kept the windows open and it stayed pretty comfortable.  I parked in the truck section, bad choice as all night truckers would park and leave their loud motors running, or they would turn off the truck and the air brakes were so loud poor Mo would run for cover (under his chair)! Between trucker stops, and Mo decided it was play time, by biting my toes, or biting Priscilla tail, he was just full of mischief! I think he finally settled down around 1 am.  My alarm went off around 7 am, I did get up a couple of times to feed Mo kibble as he is always hungry. I got up, made coffee packed up and walked Priscilla.  The campsite was only about 15 miles away. Got there, I have a nice campsite under trees, plug in and turned on the ac for Mo and Priscilla, I got some happy campers! Here are pictures of the wind mills and campsite in Vantage.  I'm about 150 miles from Spokane.


That's Mt. Rainer is in the background





 
Our Campsite

No comments:

Post a Comment