Saturday, July 18, 2020

Vancouver to Tacoma/Seattle

I've driven over 1600 miles so far. Whew, just a few minor problem, I lost one of my hubcaps on my first leg of my journey, God knows where.  And when I was at the Siletz River, I had pulled out my containers for electrical and fresh water and sat them on the ground.  The wind blew one of the lids right into the water and it was just impossible to get.  And I wasn't going to wait until it went down stream by the dock!  Last night I stayed at a campground/resident camp in Vancouver, not much to talk about and certainly not photo worthy!😊 But I had full hook ups and laundry machines.  They had a park a few blocks away that I walked to with Priscilla and let her ran for a while.  They also had a grocery store within a 1/2 mile, so I did a little grocery shopping. I checked for open Parks and National and State forest but due to Covid19 all of them are closed. They also have Calebas bait and tackle shops you can stay but when I called they said that I couldn't stay there.  I think they are going out of business because of the pandemic. So I'm at another Camping World, in Fifi a suburb of Tacoma, just 33 miles from Seattle. I always asked permission to stay and they always say yes so far. This store locks their gates at 6 pm and asked me if that was a problem.  No, actually I felt more safe.  The Camping World stores are very safe to stay. This is a huge port city so I crossed many bridges coming here, crazy traffic and thank God for my GPS! I read that the Canadian border has extended their closure for us until August. So I think I'll get on the Interstate 90 and head to Spokane.


Mo just wants to play!



No comments:

Post a Comment