Thursday, July 16, 2020

Portland to Mt. Hood to Vancouver

Bobcat Trail
Mo loves to watch birds

Priscilla on our hike


Pictures of our hike before leaving the Siletz River, heading to Portland to another Camping World!  We got to Portland and it is a BIG city and very confusing!  Got off when I could, and locked in Camping World in my GPS.  As I was driving there, I saw this huge mountain still covered with snow, it must be Mount Hood.  Hmmm will check it out tomorrow.   When I got to Camping World, I checked with the service department regarding my Frig and they told me they had nothing opened until the middle of August.   Well, that won't work! The receptionist gave me a number of Blue Dog RV.  I called and spoke with Greg and he said that they had the same thing happen with another RV like mine. What he did was shut off everything for about an hour and then turned it back on, kind of a reboot! He said try it and if that doesn't work, call him back and He'll get me in tomorrow morning!  Well it worked! Yeah I called him back and thank him! What a relief, a simple fix!   
                                                            
I stayed at Camping World that evening. it was hot in Portland 88 degrees there and where I just came from was in the 60's.  Mo and Priscilla were not happy. I saw a camp site in my Passport America for Mt. Hood, so I decided that is where I would stay the night.  It was only 50 miles away.  When I got there, the women couldn't find it in her computer and told me I had to call the main office and register online.  I was on hold for over an hour and they never did answer the phone.  It got me a little upset, so I drove up to the rest stop and made us lunch, took pictures and then decided to head to Vancouver. I got here around 2, took Priscilla for a long walk, then set up the RV, turned the air conditioner on for them and went to the grocery store which was only a quarter mile away. Here are the pictures of Mt. Hood:











No comments:

Post a Comment