Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Hot Springs, SD to Cheyenne, Wy, Crazy Weather & Cuteness



I left Hot Springs and took Hwy 18 to 85 which will connect me to Interstate 80 in Cheyenne. I wasn’t planning on travelling to Cheyenne, actually only ½ way but there were two rest stops and both were closed!  No turnouts or campsites either so I kept driving until I found a Walmart yeah! The signs here said no overnight camping, yikes, so I called the store and asked.  They said I could park in the lower parking lot where employees park. Whew OK, this is an industrial park of town just on the out skirts of Cheyenne, a lot of new housing and mini malls with Target, Petco, etc., so a lot of traffic. But the parking lot is well lighted so I felt safe. Since I drove a long way yesterday, I decided to stay an extra day here and just let Priscilla calm down, she is so stress when I drive, I like to give her a extra day just to hang out. Mo doesn’t care one way or the other, he is such a trooper!

I’m glad I stayed, it was supposed be in the 80’s not too bad, last night the wind blew hard for a while and then calm down.  I walked Priscilla for an hour this morning and she was happy, I did a little shopping early at Walmart, not too many people. This afternoon the clouds starting coming and within 15 minutes, it pour rain, wind, thunder and lightening as well.  Driving in here yesterday, you could see in a distance parts of Cheyenne were dark and raining and other parts the sun was shining! Crazy weather. My next stop is Laramie.

I wanted to post pictures of Mo and Priscilla.  Mo is a character, an escape artist, I now without fail before I leave the RV for ANYTHING, I put him in the bathroom and close the door!  Fortunately, as many times he has escape I have been able to catch him.  Once he is out, he is not sure what to do.  He will run like crazy and then just stop.  A couple times he would run under the RV and I had to coax him out, my biggest fear is that he will either get hit by a car or I won’t be able to catch him, so now he is in the bathroom! Hasn’t escape since!


I'm a good Kitty!

Why on earth would you get that cat!


I'm sleeping do not disturb!



1 comment: