Friday, August 7, 2020

Red Desert Rose RV Campsite and a Hot Shower!

I left Cheyenne on Interstate 80, got to the Walmart in Laramie.  I stayed the night and then found a really nice RV campsite in Rawlins about 125 miles from Laramie.  The 80 is extremely windy in this area, it was very difficult to drive the RV when it is so windy.  Especially when the Big trucks pass you at lightning speed! Right now it is fire season (as it is at home) but with the high winds (like our Santa Ana’s) it is extremely dangerous, lots of signs letting us know to be careful.  I got here around 12:30 and they told me they didn’t have internet, darn, okay I’ll just type it up in word and once I can get internet, I’ll post it to my blog. But wait,  I have my jet pack if there is Internet near my jet pack it will boost it.  But she also mentioned showers! I perk up, how great will it be to take a lonnnnnng hot shower without worrying that I will run out of water or it will get cold.  I don’t take a shower every day as when you dry camp you have limited water. When I do take a shower in the RV I turn the water off in between washing hair and shaving to conserve.  I had to do a few things before a shower.  Walk Priscilla, feed Mo, and wash my windows.  They were so dirty I almost couldn’t see out of them! You think with the rain they would be clean, but it's the opposite! I have my 2 step that barely reach the middle of the front windows, but I got soap and water and just scrub and I can actually see out now.  As the day wore on, the campsite started to fill up and most of them were the bus motor coaches. I better take my shower now before it fills up.  Just my luck I was the only one in there. My shower must have lasted ½ hour.  It felt so good, you really appreciate when you don’t have it. My next stop is another Walmart in Rock Springs and then it is Cracker Barrel in Salt Lake City! Not much happening pretty uneventful! Here's some pictures of the campsite.









No comments:

Post a Comment