Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Botswana and Zimbabwe

 Since leaving the Peace Corps in 2015 my wish list was to go on a photo safari in Africa. But which country in Africa? Which animals, what season is the best time?  So I started researching and traveling in my RV I’m always thinking of my next adventure. But we were just coming out of COVID and then the cancer hit. I sold my RV and concentrated on getting through this. When I was told I was in remission, I decided this was the window of opportunity to make the trip.So after an exhaustive research, I found the perfect tour group. It’s a small group (6-9 people) and we start out at Victoria Falls in Botswana and travel  to several National Parks to Zimbabwe Victoria Falls and then back to Botswana. I leave on the 19th of September and return the 6th of October. So I will be posting a lot of pictures and stories. My flight is going to take 2 days and 4 lay overs! It’s a cheap flight so I’m only taking a back pack and a carry on. The carry on weight limit it 15 pounds! But I managed to get most everything in it and what was left when into my backpack!I had to get a few vaccines and I am on malaria pills, I also requested from my doctor antibiotics and anti diarrhea just in case. Do not want to be sick. I have a filtered water bottle, so I think I’m prepared for anything but you know Murphy Law🤣, just keeping my fingers crossed.

I finally made it to Zimbabwe, my first night will be in a hotel here in Zimbabwe. The flights was crazy and long. And very little sleep. There are 5 of us here and tomorrow we go back to the airport to pick up the other 4 and then we cross the border into Botswana and then the start of adventure. I’m hoping each night I can write a little of what we saw and post lots of pictures. Here are some pictures of the airport and the hotel.








No comments:

Post a Comment