Monday, February 24, 2014

Could It Get Worst??? Oh Yes!!!

Murphy's Law that is all I can say!!  In my last blog, winter came late and with a fiery!  I have been without running water for over two weeks and I have to carry buckets of water into the bathroom and into my room.  I have a hot plate and do all my cooking and washing dishes in there.  And to top it off, my friend's washer and dryer broke down so I couldn't  do my wash!  But fortunately I could still take showers there (I go every 3-4 days) because I don't like to inconvenience them.  The weather is warmer and I kept asking the owners WHAT is the problem (plastic doesn't usually freeze), why is the brand new pumps not working?   They said maybe spring we will have water.  "What" are you talking about! I called a friend and he worked on the pump for 3 days.  What happened (you ask)?  The brand new pump made of plastic cracked and needed to be repaired.  So he took parts from the old pump and put it in the new pump and got it working "kind of".  So now, I only have to go outside the kitchen(instead of running upstairs) to push the reset button to get the water running (sometimes 2 or 3 times before it starts flowing)!! Oh joy.  I am at the end of my patience and humor  and I am certainly ready to go home.  What I don't understand is why would anyone want to live this way (this is a choice to repair things when broken) and why am I living in this type of conditions hmmmmm  (because we get VERY little for living allowance and this is the only affordable housing-sad!!). By far this is the worst of all the places I have lived in ( and you know from my blogs, I have lived in some challenging conditions!!!!).  I find that people here just don't want to take responsibility for anything.  If it is broken, they don't care.  I don't understand that logic either.  Because you can fix something easier than living with the problems.  You can always find someone to fix it (oh right you may have to pay for it and that's the problem they don't want to pay!!).  It becomes very frustrating.  Only 4 months left (I can do it, I can do it, I can do it)!!!!


On a positive note, I am going to Georgia (the country) for Nourez in March (it is like our spring break or Easter holiday) with my former Peace Corps friend who is now working in an Azerbaijan school teaching English in Georgia. We will also visit another country for a few days. It will be good to get away and catch up with my friend. So I will take lots of pictures and post them on my blog.

My cats are doing great and growing. My Mint is still at the apartment and I saw her the other day and brought her some tuna fish, needless to say she loved it. I was worried because I hadn't seen her for several months but I was told she was on the window sill of my old apartment and so after club I went over and gave her my call (tsk, tsk, tsk) and she came running to me. I thought about bringing her here, but she is not a domestic cat and she just wouldn't survive here. I have been trying for two days to put the most recent pictures of my cat family but since I put this "mandatory" Peace Corps program, my computer has been acting up.  I am taking it with me to Baku and hopefully the tech guy can fix it.  So next blog I will have some pictures.


I hope everyone had an AWESOME Valentine's Day.. I gave my students Valentine stickers that I received from home. They were so happy...

Life Challenge: A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions...... Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.



No comments:

Post a Comment