Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Grants Pass -California to Oregon

Hwy 199 Huge Redwoods

My Rv looks so tiny!



When I left Camp Comfort in Klamath, my next stop was Cracker Barrel in Medford, Oregon.  I had to get off the 101 also known up here as the Redwood Highway and get on the Interstate 5.  That took me onto Highway 199 going through Grant's Pass. If you ever get a chance, this highway though twisty and windy, is the most beautiful highway I've seen.  I had to stop and take pictures, these beautiful huge redwoods took my breathe away. This was Ruth Perry Hatton Grove.  They had a short trail that I took Priscilla on, it was so awesome, I just couldn't stop from looking up. WOW!! Part of the highway is in California and part of the highway is in Oregon.  I really enjoyed coming up the 101 but not very many rest areas or gas stations.  And the internet is lousy too.  But it is cooler and the ocean and mountains are beautiful.  The Interstate is boring, hot but has a lot of really nice rest stops, a lot of gas station and the internet and data is much better.  Here I am at Medford Cracker Barrel!


 

Cracker Barrel in Medford

Grants Pass was named in honor of General U.S. Grant's 1863 victory at Vicksburg, Originally Grant's Pass, the apostrophe was dropped after 1900. Grants Pass was a stagecoach stop in the 1860's. It became a rail head when the Oregon-California Railroad (now Southern Pacific) was completed in 1884.

Got the above tidbit from Google.  












No comments:

Post a Comment