Sunday, July 12, 2020

My Travelling Companions

 My Mo on his favorite scratching post! At the 
fairgrounds in Ferndale.


 
The night at the fairgrounds was very quiet. I washed my pants and shoes and washed the tarp. I sponge myself off as best as I could, as I had no hook ups at this site.  The nights gets cold, especially around 3 am.  So I make sure I have enough covers.  In the morning, I took Priscilla for a walk on the fairgrounds, not many people so I let her off leash.  She just ran and ran through the grass, it was good for her. After breakfast we were on our way.  I always have to check to make sure Mo is inside, he is a master escape artist and extremely quick.  During the early morning, Priscilla had to go out and Mo was out before I could close the door.  I ran after him with poor Priscilla in tow, fortunately Mo gets confused when he goes out and stops to look around, got ya,  you stinker, then I have to drag Priscilla back to the RV to put Mo back in! After Priscilla bathroom break, we settle back in, just in time for Mo's playtime. He will bite anything that moves and then decide to bite my hair.  I get up and put dry food in his dish and it keeps him quiet until about 6 am!  When I clean his litter box, he is right there helping me.  I have it in the cab, so he thinks I'm playing with him.  I put him down and back up he goes.  After the rest stop incident, I make sure I check to see if he is in the RV.😌

My next stop was Klamath about 10 miles outside of Crescent City.  Since I'm a member of Passport America, full hook ups are 1/2 price the first day.  I'm only staying for one day, so I got to the campsite around 1:30 and set up. I took a short walk with Priscilla as she still doesn't like riding in the RV.  So as we were walking back, my neighbor asked me if I had a cat, I said yes, well he is on your hood! What??  Sure enough, Mo is sitting on the hood of the RV. apparently after opening the window.  He was a little scared because 3 dogs were in the next site, so he just waited for me.  He drives me crazy! So I got them in the RV, hook up everything including the sewage drain, no problem yeah.  I took a shower and decided to wash all the clothes and my shoes from the two days before, hand washing did not do the trick.  I then took out the tarp and set it on a picnic table and washed that again.  I fixed us all dinner and we were done for the night.  The next morning, I took Priscilla for a walk on a long trail and we ended up along a river, I think its called the Salmon River as the guys at the front desk said there is a lot of salmon fishing there. We got back, packed everything up and I got the black and grey water cleaned without a hitch.  Made sure both valves were closed and everything clean.  Yeah no mess and no embarrassment!😁 Few pics below of the campsite. Next stop Medford, Oregon.

Priscilla on a Salmon Bench

My campsite

At the trail head👀

I think this is Salmon River









 

No comments:

Post a Comment