Friday, July 10, 2020

Lesson Learn Yuck



Last Russian River pictures before I leave. The trees are beautiful here, the river calm now but up on the 101 it was rushing!  Mo and Priscilla sharing my dinner! I got up and packed everything and took Priscilla for a walk.  I was going to Ferndale Fairgrounds to camp.  It is just 10 miles south of Eureka. It would be a dry camp since I had hook ups for three days.  I got in line to dump and felt prepare to do this.  I got gloves on, put my tarp on the ground, and the hose to put in place and I'm ready to go.  I bent down (thank God I didn't lay on the ground) to pull the lid off the drain and as soon as I did the raw sewage came pouring out!  What did I do?  I jump out of the way and it drained fortunately into the sewage hole, but it was all over the tarp so I trying to hose it down, and to clean up the mess I made. After it finished, and the tarp was clean somewhat, I bent down and figure out what happened.  When I left Lake Casitas back in February, I didn't close the black valve!! So once I opened the drain, it all came out! Yuck, Yuck, and more Yuck!!  I attached the hose, opened up both valves and just let it drain.  The worst part was this couple waiting behind me and saw what happened and of course did not offer to help.  The wife stood out of the car and was yelling at me that I was making a mess, it was too muddy she said.  I told her I'm sorry, but I was cleaning the mess up!! It was either mud or sh***! 😬 I did the best I could, and just packed up to get out of there.  I was so embarrassed, but learned a valuable lesson.  ALWAYS close both valves when you finish!  I parked a short ways away, and changed my pants and shoes. 

I finally got to the fairgrounds around 4:30 in the afternoon, the drive was beautiful through the redwoods but a very winding road. I stopped a few times to let Priscilla take a walk and to get gas but it still took about 5 hours to get here. Both Mo and Priscilla are asleep now as I write this.  At one point Mo got up on my lap and just stay there for about an hour. He is getting use to the driving, I wish I could say the same for Priscilla. She lays right by the seat and as soon as I stop, she wants out!

I washed out my pants and shoes and tomorrow I will go out and clean the tarp and drain area.  Hopefully that will be the last time that happens!!😊

1 comment:

  1. Yes, always check both valves! I go double check both of mine as soon as the pumping company is finished and leaves. Another good trick is once you hook up the hose. Open the sewage valve first, let it empty, and then open the gray water valve. That was it rinses it out somewhat. There are a lot of little tricks to an RV, LOL, some of them quite disgusting...

    ReplyDelete