Friday, July 24, 2020

Missoula, Hike & Mo's nails clipped

Before we left Quartz Flat in the National Forest. Priscilla and I took an Interpretive trail hike. This area is part of Lewis & Clark expedition. The river that goes on forever and follows me through Interstate 90 is called the Clark Fork. Waking up you can smell the pine trees, it was wonderful.  It just so happens that the forest here have the Douglas and Ponderosa Pine.  One of my favorite trees is a large Ponderosa that has a dead spike top as a result of damage or disease but what happen is the adjacent limbs have enlarged and begin to grow upward to replace the dead top.  They said a swam of honey bees have taken advantage of the rotten cavity and took up residence inside this tree. It's an extremely beautiful tree:


This guy is huge!



After the hike, I packed up and went to the dump station, took care of that and filled the fresh water tank as well.  And we were off to Missoula for Mo's nail appointment.  It was only 1 hour away and I left in plenty of time. It was getting warmer but not as bad as it had been. I got to the clinic early and called and let them know I was there, no one was in the parking lot so they said that they could do his nails immediately. Yea!! After I got gas $2.19 wow and then tried to find a dog park for Priscilla, ended up at Montana University.  No public parking and NO one wearing masks! Decided that Priscilla could wait and looked for a Cracker Barrel which I found and here I am. And believe or not it's 73 degrees and raining!  Next stop Butte!!! Well, here some more pictures of my hike:



The Clark Fork River


The tunnel I had to drive through to get to the campsite

No comments:

Post a Comment