Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Montana - Senior Pass - Driving my RV

The drive on Interstate 90 from Idaho to Montana has been breath taking.  It's like driving through Lake Tahoe, all the green and beautiful trees. I'm amaze that not more people live here.  This area is beautiful!  And like Lake Tahoe, this is really mountainous ranges, I definitely would not come here in winter, I would be slipping and sliding all up and down this mountain, a scary thought. I stopped at a rest stop because believe it or not it started to rain, and it was 88 degrees!  Kind of reminds me of when I lived in Hawaii.  I didn't know where the windshield wipers button was😟 so after trying a couple of things I found out its on the handle where my blinkers are, I just turn the knob! Another challenge met!! I'm about 45 miles from Missoula and I checked that there is a Petsmart with grooming there.  I called and they told me they weren't taking in any new clients. I said I just needed my cat who still a kitten nails cut one time as I am passing through. I have all of his medical and a signed health certificate. Nope they aren't doing it and it would be curb side, go figure.  I asked if she knew of anyone else and she recommend I call Cats on Broadway Veterinarian Clinic, OK.  Let me tell you, I have tried to cut Mo's nails, I have the scissors and I have a towel with a slit in it and when I tried to wrap him like a burrito he started biting and scratching like crazy.  Everything is a game, and he was winning.  I just gave up.  So I called the clinic, explain my situation and she was very kind and got me in at 2:20 Thursday afternoon. Yeah!!

Since I didn't have full hookups at my last campsite, I checked my tank levels and darn, the black tank is at 2/3! So as I'm sitting in my RV, I see a few rigs going around this area, I took Priscilla out for her walk and saw campground open National Forest. OK, I looked up in my app and sure enough it is a National Forest and it's open. And it has a dump, bingo. It a beautiful forest and self serve, no hookups but it has a dump and water. I was able to finally use my senior pass and the site cost me $5.00.  What a bargain.

Driving my RV is not like driving my mini cooper. In a lot of areas I have traveled when the wind picks up it is hard to keep my RV on the road.  At first it was very scary for me. And when those big trucks pass me, it almost knocks me over. I found that if I slow down to drive 60 MPH max, I can handle any problems.  Lots of benefits as the noise is cut down in the rig (everything is clanging together), I save on gas, and when the wind blows and the trucks pass, I can handle the RV much better.  I get passed a lot and many of you know I have a lead foot, but driving a Class C RV is much different than a mini cooper.  Besides I'm not in any hurry😁

Here's some pictures of my camp site in the National Forest:







No comments:

Post a Comment