Sunday, July 26, 2020

Missoula to Butte Campground


After leaving Missoula Cracker Barrel, I decided that I would go a little out of my way and stay at National Forest just outside of Butte.  As I'm driving on the Interstate 90 I kept seeing signs Incident detour! What the heck was Incident?  I soon found out, we detoured off the Interstate and went along the frontage road and then I saw what the incident was.  A truck with a double trailer was on its side with boxes and boxes all over the highway! There was several police cars, an ambulance and a semi to pick  up the load that had fallen out of the truck. The line I was in must have been a couple miles long, but it wasn’t too long before I was back on the Interstate.



I stopped at a rest stop and was reading some of the history of the area.  Most of this area was underwater for thousands of years, the rock formations were unreal, these are some of the biggest boulders I have ever seen. At my campsite, I took some pictures, but these were small compare to the ones along the Interstate.  As I’m driving, I hear something drop from the kitchen area, didn’t think to much about it, I’ll pick it up when I stop, the more I drove, more stuff kept clanging to the floor.  What is opened, maybe I better get off the next exit and see.  Just as I exit, a frozen creamer came rolling down the aisle and just missed hitting Priscilla who was laying right beside me on the floor!  I guess I didn’t shut the freezer hard enough because everything was on the floor.  A mess, note to one self ALWAYS check cabinets and doors to make sure they are closed tight!

I took the 15 South for 10 miles and then it was another 10 miles down this dirt road to Beaver Dam camp, the road was horrible, I ended up the last 5 miles, driving about 10 MPH the road was so bad. But I finally made it, and lucked out found a pull through in a secluded area.  Decided I would stay for 2 days, just so we can all rest an extra day before driving but the bad news no internet or cell service.

Once we settle in, it started to rain, really cool things down and you could smell the pine trees. I opened the door to let some fresh air in and who runs out was Mo. Dam, he ran under the RV and then across the way, he not sure of what to do so he runs to some grass and just lays there, got you, you little stinker. He is my fly catcher, whenever a fly gets in, he will spend however long it takes to catch it. I try to get it before he eats it but I’ve only been successful once!

I take Priscilla out for an evening walk and as soon as I walk out the door, the mosquito's are heading toward me!  Thank God, I brought my Deet 10 hours repellent, I spray all over me and then go back out to take Priscilla for her walk.  I only got bitten about 10 times! Here’s some pics of the camp:











1 comment:

  1. Hi Annette, Finally on your site- Your in some beautiful Country now. Glad the critter's are still with you! Not easy to travel with a feisty kitten!!!xoxjoan

    ReplyDelete