Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Yellowstone National Park - WOW

After going through Bozeman and finding no RV camps, I was told to go to Livingston 20 miles from Bozeman and on highway 89 to Yellowstone.  I hadn't decided to go Yellowstone and was on the fence but the RV campsite was on the highway to Yellowstone, that definitely was a sign.  The manager of the campsite was a lovely women who was an artist, she fell in love with Priscilla and asked if she could take her picture so she could paint her.  We got to talking and I told her about my Bengal cat Tara and she asked if I would e-mail her a picture.  I give Bonnie my e-mail and asked when she was finished to sent me a picture, she said she would.

After leaving Livingston, I decided to head to Gardiner, Montana which is the North Entrance to Yellowstone and stay the night, getting up early and head out.  I knew it was going to be a long day! I wondered if my senior pass would allow me in. I will give it a try.  All camps were full so I parked along a turnout near one of the campsites.  I thought if a Ranger came by and I had to move, I would.  But no one bother me.  I got up early and walked Priscilla (putting Mo in the bathroom!)  and we set out to see Yellowstone, at 8 am the line to get into the entrance was a mile long.  There were 2 lines, one with returning cars and passes, the other paying customers. I got in the pass line hoping my senior pass would work and sure enough it did!!  Yea, Yellowstone Park was absolutely awesome, I have many pictures.  There were so many people in the park, I stopped at places were their were fewer people.  The only exception was Old Faithful, couldn't get away from the thousands of people there. I was able to take Priscilla, we only couldn't go on the boardwalk but that wasn't a problem.  It was cloudy which was good, not hot but they were expecting thunder showers, that was a problem. I was going to make the loop and end back up in Billings, but the map the Ranger gave me had the top part of the loop closed. So then I decided to loop around and go out the East Entrance to Cody, Wyoming.  There were several campsite before Cody but each one I tried was full. So I drove into Cody and saw a Mobil gas station with a price of $2.13 a gallon so I pull into this driveway to turn around and it was a Walmart.  Guess I know where I am staying the night. There must be 15 RV's and 5th wheels!  I feel pretty safe here.  Tomorrow I'll head back up to Billings and then make my way to Little Big Horn, Custer's last stand,

Here's a few pictures from Yellowstone, I'll have more tomorrow!



Priscilla watching Old Faithful!










No comments:

Post a Comment